Sunday, November 16, 2014

Blog # 6

I have selected Mini-essay #2 as my expansion essay. This essay is very rich in the amount of sheer content that is available on social media. It is something that almost all of us use on a daily basis. In some cases it is the first thing we check in the morning and the last thing we see before bed.To expand on my essay I will not only generalize social media as a whole but I will individually  evaluate 4 social media sites that are relevant today.I will then compare them to other things that are considered social outside of the internet. Furthermore I will also compare them to previous social media sites and why they demised where others succeeded. The reason why I will evaluate the sites is to notify the key differences and there importance.

Key Terms

1. Myspace
2. Social Media
3. Most popular online media site
4. Instagram
5. Outside activities

1 comment:

  1. I am very interested in what you mean by comparing social media to things that are social outside of social media. Would this be like comparing a message board and its interactions to, say, a coffee house? Or, emailing to letter writing? If so, this is a very interesting idea. It would take quite a bit of field research (research you conduct first hand through observation), but I think it would be great.

    ReplyDelete